Announcements from the Counseling Office:
Applications are now available for any rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors that may be interested in the Youth Leadership program sponsored by the Johnson City Chamber of Commerce. Applications can be found in room 527. Please see your counselor for more information.
There are many summer programs held at various colleges around the nation that may be of interest to SHHS students for the upcoming summer. More information is available in the “Summer Programs” drawer in Room 527.
The College of Engineering at UT-Knoxville will be hosting a variety of summer programs for rising 9th-12th graders during the summer of 2017. Visit http://www.engr.utk.edu/diversity/pre-college/ for more information and details. A flyer with more information is also on the counseling announcement board.
Any current SHHS junior that would like to be considered as a Wofford College Scholar should see their counselor immediately. Qualified candidates are eligible to compete for scholarships ranging from $3000 a year to a full scholarship. Candidates must rank in the top 10% of your class and have a score of 28 on the ACT or PLAN test, and demonstrate qualities of character and leadership. Candidates will also be required to apply as either EARLY ACTION or EARLY DECISION to Wofford. Deadline is June 16, 2017.
Students: If you are interested in attending summer camp as a counselor for kids that have lost a family member, please see your counselor for more information on Camp Caterpillar.
All students that plan on participating in college athletics once they graduate should visit the NCAA website for info on academic changes that will be in place once you graduate.
The SHHS Counseling Department has created a Remind account which will send reminders of important deadlines, events, scholarships, etc to any SHHS student or parent that wishes to sign up. This is a one way messaging system and you can unsubscribe at any time. You can choose to receive our reminders via email or text. It is a free service and no one at SHHS will ever see your phone number or email address. To sign up, please choose from ONE of the options below:
CLASS OF 2017, choose one of the following:
- Text the message @gotoppers to 81010
- Send a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or visit the website: https://www.remind.com/join/gotoppers
CLASS OF 2018, choose one of the following:
- Text the message: @topper2018 to 81010
- Or visit the website: https://www.remind.com/join/topper2018
- Send a blank email to: email@example.com
CLASS OF 2019, choose one of the following:
- Text the message: @topper2019 to 81010
- or visit the website: https://www.remind.com/join/topper2019
- Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLASS OF 2020, choose one of the following:
- Text the message: @topper2020 to the number 81010
- Send a blank email to: email@example.com
- Visit the following website: remind.com/join/topper2020